Interestingly, we are the only species that drink milk from another species and before you tuck into another glass, here’s what you need to know.
Considerably lower quantities of crops and water are required to sustain a vegan diet, making the switch to veganism one of the easiest, most enjoyable and most effective ways to reduce our impact on the environment.
Why Chose Us For Your Vegan Milk Supplier
The rise of vegan suppliers in the food and beverage industry is ever-growing, making the switch even easier.
- Did you know that The Good Pea Co.’s Original contains 50% more calcium than the same serving size of cow’s milk?
- You also get 8g of protein per 240ml serving (the same as cow’s milk) and of course we have added Vitamins B12, D and Iodine to ensure you and your family get the best start to the day.
- Lactose can be difficult for people to digest, resulting in nausea, cramps, gas, bloating, and diarrhea.
- With so much choice in dairy-free milks now, there is no need to feel this discomfort; plant drinks can be gentler on the stomach, easier to digest and leave you feeling full.
Our Sustainability of Being A Vegan Milk Supplier
- Carbon Footprint: Cows require large amounts of carbon-intensive cattle feed and release large amounts of methane, contributing to greenhouse gas emissions. That doesn’t happen with the pea milk we produce at The Good Pea Co.
- In fact, peas fix nitrogen by taking it from the air and convert it to a usable fertiliser. With the reduction in applied nitrogen, fertiliser run-off can be reduced keeping our waterways, lakes and oceans cleaner.
- Water Usage: We chose to use yellow split peas as a key ingredient; because they grow in areas where there is an abundance in rainfall, so they require little to no irrigation.
- Recycling: we promise to always use recyclable material and to encourage all households to do the right thing by our planet and for our future generations by recycling. We are contributing to a reduction in wastage by ensuring our products have a 12-month shelf-life.
The Pea Revelation
To find out more about how The Good Pea Co.’s Plant Drinks get from field to factory to homes, take a look at our short video here:Watch video
Vegan milk. Dairy-free. For the Planet & Its People.
When drinking our tasty vegan dairy-free drinks, you can feel good that you’re consuming nutritious plant protein, whilst saving the planet and its animals, one pea at a time. Be the change you want to see.